Monday, March 2, 2015

Leonard Nimoy A tribute


I remember the first time I saw this scene, I was 22 years old, my own father had died only eight years before and I was still dealing with the sense of loss.

It is hard to believe now when I am nearly 55 that Leonard Nimoy has left this world.

As a young adult and even as I grew older, I had a strong sense of identity with Spock, I always felt to be an outcast to some degree. and like Spock, I did everything to avoid becoming the Captain of my life.

Yet, Leonard Nimoy was so much more than this one character, he had done a wide array of work, before and after STAR TREK.

One of the most interesting moments of his early career was guest starring with Werner Klemperer (Colonel Klink) David McCallum and William Shatner in The Man From Uncle.  It was interesting seeing Nimoy playing a villain and opposite  Shatner.



It was interesting seeing Nimoy play a lackey in part and Werner Klemperer play a straight dramatic part in this episode of Man From Uncle which came out in 1964.

Nimoy also did comedy, or would you believe...


Nimoy played it straight as a Kaos agent, proving his ability to stay in character when Don Adams was making wise.  Nimoy's character was almost Asian in his appearance with the dark glasses in this episode, as a matter of fact you never see him without the sunglasses.

Leonard Nimoy was an actor who did so much in film and television I could go on forever with references.

I will remember him and miss his ability to make me think and occasionally laugh.

What were some of your favorite Leonard Nimoy moments, what characters do you remember him as?



No better ending than these words spoken by Leonard Nimoy himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment