Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A to Z Challenge. April 1st A is for ADAM 12

This is my first post in the April A to Z Challenge.

For me, my life has most strongly revolved around three things since I was young, they were: Music, Television shows and Movies.

I have read, but not as much as I have been drawn into these other aspects.

So A is for 

ADAM 12.

Before there was Hill Street Blues, or CSI or NCIS there was Adam 12.  This was a half hour drama produced by Jack Webb and R.A. Cinder which paired veteran actor Martin Milner as the senior officer Pete Maloy and new actor Kent McCord as rookie officer Jim Reed.  

The series ran 7 years and showed growth and change especially in Reeds character during the run.  It left the ending open if there had been an 8th year it would have had new directions it could have followed.

Adam 12 is still considered one of the best Police dramaas' of all time by many and many have had a chance to see it again or for the first time on M.E. T.V.

This is the opening credits from either the 6th  season of the series.


4 comments:

  1. Another fan here! My novels are all crime, so I'm an avid watcher of shows, old and new. I like the noir feel of some of the really old ones, but Adam 12 has a class of it's own to me :)
    Great start to the A-Z

    Kai
    I'm from a shared blog: Alexandria Publishing Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I’m stopping by during the A to Z Challenge. I enjoyed stopping by and hope you get the chance to check out my blog sometime during this month. I’m a children’s book author and I’m reviewing different books. Good luck with the challenge!
    Take care,
    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com
    author THE STORY CATCHER
    coauthor CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: ANGELS AMONG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start Hon. I have enjoyed this show again watching it with you.

    ReplyDelete