Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The most unfair thing a job board can do...

I have been seeking work on line, since I lost my last job, at the beginning of October of last year.  I have used a variety of job boards to hunt for work, many repeat the same postings that are out there; however the one thing that all of these have had in common, is that they are free boards.

You sign up, with your e-mail address and a password, and you can search and apply to any job that is listed, at no cost.

However, that is changing.  One job board that had been free, is now having people "upgrade to a premium membership, to apply to their job listings.  This means if you do not have a credit card, or can pay by check on line, you can not access their listings.

Which site?

Ihire.com.  I had used this job board in the past to apply to potential job offers, but now I can not.  One more resource gone, all for the sake of the board making a profit.

What really is annoying, is that some of us, only draw on unemployment benefits, so we do not have spare cash to sign up for a premium job board.

Personally, I feel this is not just wrong, but is one more nail in the coffin to people who are unemployed to finding work.  This economy is bad enough as it is, now the unemployed have one less tool at their disposal.  Way to go, Ihire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment