Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Not so wordless Wednesday





As I went to bed last night, I realized something amazing.  I have been back in Colorado now for one year.

It seems hard to believe, but it is true, and how things have changed, when I came back the weather was in the 80's the sky was clear and blue and I was living in a hotel on 11th and Broadway in Denver and spending nearly #300.00 a week for my room.
TV and desk in my room
Bed and desk in my room at 11th Ave Hotel
Lobby of the 11th Ave Hotel

Exterior of the Hotel and the market it went to to get my groceries on a weekly schedule.
Hallway at 11th Ave Hotel at Broadway and 11th.

The weather was beautiful, there was no snow to be seen, and I had to buy short sleeve shirts and light weight slacks immediately, I had come with winter weather clothing and was not ready for the warm weather I met.


The new residence and new furnishings at the beginning of August of 2012.

guThus was Denver a year ago.  Notice anything missing.  No snow.

By August of last year I had found a place to live and with in a month my wife had joined me.
One year later and there is snow on the ground.

Amazing how much can change in one year.  I came back to Colorado a year ago, I struggled to find work, I am working now, but the trade off is that there is snow on the ground, when a year ago there was blue skies and short sleeve weather.  What a difference a year can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment