Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mondays' Music Moves Me with an international flavor

Okay, this is my week, to set the tone, so lets' do something international.  This can be music from England,Germany Ireland, Even Hawaii

Have fun, and be creative.

To start off one of my favorite songs from the 1980s' Nena and 99 Luftbaloons, in the original German.

This next piece is from Hawaii.  I know, some of you are saying it is one of the United States, however it was settled by the Polynesians originally, rediscovered by the British under captain Cook of the HMS Discovery, and made a protectorate of the British Empire, as the Sandwich Islands, settled again by missionaries and made a protectorate of the United States until 1960 when it became the 50th states in the union,  So here is a beautiful song from the Islands, with lyrics included in Polynesian and English.
My favorite Irish/Celtic groups. Clannad doing a medley of their music from the Robin of Sherwood television series of the early 2000s.  This is the first time I have seen them play as a group, and they are as amazing to see as to hear.  The music stirs the blood, especially Lady Marion, which has such a haunting refrain.  Amazing to see and hear,
Lastly music from the land of the Rising Sun

3 comments:

  1. Those are all great choices! All new ones to me - I enjoyed the introduction! :) Thanks for suggesting the theme this week and expanding my musical horizons. ;) Have a great week!


    I Can Only Imagine that Anything Could Happen so Live While We’re Young with Hunky Country Boys because Today Is Your Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love Clannad. They are such a great group. You theme choice for this week was spot on.
    Love,
    Your Wife

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-4msinternational-music.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must say that that theme was truly different, but we all made it through the day, and actually it was kind of fun to see what people came up with. Also, I've never heard of any of these, but the last one. I have heard of believe it or not. Thanks for the wild & crazy day! Good show old man!!! hehehehe YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete