Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The World Cup

For the past few weeks, I have had the chance to follow the World Cup Soccer tournament, while on my breaks and lunch at work.

Before this year I had never followed either the world cup or Soccer, and now... Well now I am hooked.  I had part of today off, so what did I do?  I watched the better part of the competition between Greece and Costa Rica via on-demand TV.

Now this was different mainly because when I am watching at work, I am seeing the live broadcasts in Spanish, I was seeing the recorded presentations in English and American.  It changes the whole feeling of the game.

Now understand, I do not speak a word of Spanish, however watching the game being narrated in Spanish is very exciting, because of the energy of the announcers... there is just some sense of dramatic tension you do not get when you understand what is being said, and in all honesty, you don't really need to because much of the narrative is just plain boring tid bits about the players.

What I have found most interesting about Soccer is how you never know until the last two seconds how a game will end.  This all comes down to the foot work of the players and their ability to kick the ball away from their opponent and the ability of the goalie to block the kicks.

I am looking forward to watching the match on Friday between France and the winner, er I mean Germany.  Should be interesting.

Will have to start following Soccer in the regular season now too.


So who are your favorite teams and what match have you found to be most interesting so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment