Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wordless Wednesday

Normally I post photos, I have taken in the last few weeks and share them.

This time I am posting photos of Books I have read over the past few years.  This will give you an idea of some of the books I enjoy reading, and learn a little more about me.

To start off one of the books I am reading currently is a book by John Delancie and Peter David.  The book is titled I,Q and it is a great adventure out of the STAR TREK, The Next Generation legacy.  DeLancie who created the character of Q writes the character only as he could.


Another book I am reading currently is a book on the life of John F. Kennedy.  The book chronicles not only his parents life and how their upbringing influenced how John was raised and what lead to the way he lived and eventually lead as a Senator then President.

A book I read last summer was Why England Slept, this book was written by John F. Kennedy as a graduate project at Harvard.  It helped him graduate with honors, and explores what lead to England not being ready for World War Two, the book has many insightful moments, but it does become cumbersome in how it presents information; however it is well worth the read for the history and look at the brilliance of a young man who would be President of the United States.


A totally different book and topic, was by Bruce Gambel.  The book The Black Sheep: The Definitive Account of Marine Fighting Squadron 214 in World War II   
Looked past the well known story, and to great degree myth created by Gregory Boyington, concerning this squadron, and how it had been an active squadron before Boyington came upon the scene, and came back after his internment as a P.O.W.  It also shows Boyington in less than a flattering light, but more realistic manner than most before.  

On a totally different level I had read the entire Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.  I loved these books, because they were full of imagination and great characters.  The books were even better in many ways than the movies, because they included all the characters, many who were left out or reduced in the movies to minor parts.


The last book was a cookbook I bought for one recipe and found it to be one that I would use many times to come.  The book is Bold American Food by Bobby Flai.  The recipe was for Sweet Potato Soup, and it is one that I love.  Saw the recipe on Bobby Flai's cooking show, Boy Meets Grill.  And yes I find Bobby Flai to be one of my favorite cooks.


So there you have it.  Some of the books I have or am reading currently.  Next week I will be back with something more wordless.


1 comment: