Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Meow

No C is for cat, silly cat.

I have always, been a cat person, since my first cat adopted me, as one of her kittens when I was 11 years old.  Yes, you read that correctly, one day I was sitting in my back yard, in my army surplus tent eating pizza, when this Siamese cat came into our back yard, she had a kitten by the scruff of the neck.  She put down the kitten, came over picked up a slice of pizza with her mouth and began to eat it.  She looked at me with her blue eyes and I was hers.  Yes, that is exactly how it happened, I mean would the great cat god mis lead my memory of this event?

Miss Kitty was my cat until I turned 26 and moved out of Colorado.  She died that year, and it was many years before my next cat, came into my life.  She was a kitten, who grew into a medium sized black cat, named after a previous girl friend.  This cat had to leave before I moved out of state, she unfortunately turned wild and had to be turned into a shelter.

There were two other cats, one a tabby kitten, who was with me and my wife for only about four months, before he unfortunately died, and a stray we took in for a short time in Missouri.

Cats are wonderful, no matter how long they may be part of your life, they impact you, and bring joy to you.  Here are a few pictures of the types of cats that have been part of my life.


A photo of our two cats, Taunia, the Black Cat, whom I had from 2003 to 2010, and Merlin the tabby, who we had from February of 2009 to May of 2009.  Merlin passed way too early, and Taunia was never the same afterword.



A close relative of our last cat, Moon dancer.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A photo taken of my and my first cat, Miss Kitty, photo taken by my mother.
  This cat looks a lot like Miss Kitty.  Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Me with Miss Kitty, after she had just given birth to a litter of kittens.  Polaroid picture taken by my Dad.


Have a purr-fect day and mew you have much milk and treats.  Meow.

4 comments:

  1. Cats are wonderful but there is always the sadness when they pass. Our present cat came with the house. A grey point quiet siamese. When we moved in, she was hanging around and then one day the kitchen door was open and she just calmly walked in. I realized she must have lived there before and been left behind (probably accidentally) in the past tenants move. Poor half grown cat had survived outdoors for three months in late winter.
    When we took her to the vet, we found she had already been spayed. She is a wonderful cat. They say a cat does not belong to a person, but to a place. So here she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a couple cats in my lifetime. My first cat was named BB Coal. A friend named him. She thought he looked like a Burnt Biscuit or a Coal. Then my family had a cat, BJ I think his name was, that died when he got bit by some sort of spider. After that I became a dog person. Although I think my dogs are cat "people" too. They don't chase them, they just snuggle with them.

    Blog #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I miss all of our cats. I wish we could convince our roomie that we need a cat. sigh...

    I love the photos of you when you had cats back in the day. I do not think I have ever seen them.

    Love you,
    Your Wifey

    ReplyDelete