Sunday, April 1, 2012

Amazing Selection

For my first day my letter A is something that was amazing, and has shaped who I am today.

When I was about six years old, my parents took me to a brand new restaurant on Colorado Blvd in Denver, Colorado.  The restaurant was called "The Yum Yum Tree" and it featured a wide selection of food from around the world and just good old American food.  The selection was amazing and featured Pizza, Spaghetti Tacos, Steaks Sea food and Chinese food, to name a few.

The food was in good proportions and well cooked.

The best thing, was the fact you could eat as much as you wanted for one price.  It was the Golden Corral and Kings Table long before either place was on the map.

Because of this amazing selection of food, I was introduced to many types of food much earlier than other children of the day, and I have been open to trying all foods ever since.  Thanks mom and dad for this wonderful and amazing experience, that still touches me today.


6 comments:

  1. i'm glad your parents took you there and that the place left such an impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Visiting from the A-Z Challenge.

    Enjoyed reading your opening post. Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

    Day 1: The Attraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, good luck with the challenge - looking forward to see what you come up with in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a great place!
    Looking forward to seeing what you do!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I know that I could have an appreciation for such a place! Food is definetly one of the spices of life! I'm sure those memories will be long lasting!

    My you continue to enjoy the spices of life with appreciation!!

    I like your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete